Want to sell your house in Charlotte? Awesome.
In this guide, we’re going to teach you everything you need to know in order to find an agent, list your home, and get it sold as quickly as possible.
Also, we’ll even show you the non-traditional way to sell your home in Charlotte for a fair cash price, as-is, in just a couple of weeks!
So, let’s dive right in.
3 Ways To Sell Your Home in Charlotte: Which Way is Right For You?
There are three different ways that you can sell your home in Charlotte.
1. How to Sell with a Real Estate Agent in Charlotte
The first is by selling on the MLS through a real estate agent. This is the most common way to go, but it’s also the most expensive and it will usually take months until closing. Not only do you have to repair and upgrade your home to meet market standards, but you also have to chip in for closing costs and for real estate agent fees.
Going the traditional route can quickly end up costing 6% to 8% of the sale price of the home.
(On a $250,000 home, that’s about $15,000!)
Additionally, the average home on the MLS takes 65-93 days to sell (according to Zillow).
Still, if you have plenty of time and money on your hands, then you might consider going this route.
Your first step is to find a trustworthy and reputable real estate agent to work with.
The easiest way to do this is simply to Google search for “Best real estate agents in Charlotte”
You’ll find tons of top performers in your community. If the real estate agent owns a business, then you’ll even be able to check reviews… which we highly recommend doing.
After you’ve found someone, you’re interested in working with, give them a call and get to know them. You can tell a lot just from having a phone conversation.
If you agree to work with them, they’ll guide you through the rest of the process!
2. How to Sell FSBO in Charlotte
The second option is to sell as for-sale-by-owner. That way, you won’t have to pay agent fees. However, you’ll still have to pay closing costs and if you want to list on the MLS, then you’ll also need to repair and upgrade your home to meet market standards.
The worst part about selling FSBO, though, is the time it takes.
FSBO homes take an average of 68 days longer to sell than those that have a real estate agent, according to Brandon Gaille.
If you have a lot of time on your hands, though, and want to avoid agent costs, then you might consider selling your Charlotte house through this route.
FSBO is definitely the most involved method. You’ll need to
- Determine the market value of your home
- Get an appraisal
- Prepare your home for selling (clean, repair, and upgrade)
- Market your home (MLS, Signage, Open Houses, etc.)
We won’t go into the details of each of those steps here, but you can learn tons with some simple Google searches.
3. How to Sell to a Professional Homebuyer in Charlotte
The third option is to sell to as-is for cash to a professional homebuyer. Professional homebuyers (like us over at Bright Haven Properties!) can purchase your property as-is for cash and we can close in as little as two weeks.
We’ll even pay all closing costs!
Sound too good to be true?
Well, just like you benefit from selling your home quickly for cash, our business benefits as well. It allows us to keep cash-flow going and to expand our real estate portfolio.
And it’s actually really dead simple. Just give us a call at 704-461-0576 and we’ll ask you some questions and walk you through the details.
Below is a brief overview of how our process works.
- Give us a call at 704-461-0576 and we’ll ask you some simple questions about the house you’re thinking of selling in Charlotte
- We’ll schedule a time to come see the house in person so that we can make you a fair cash offer.
- Within 48 hours, we will call you with our no-obligation offer. You are free to accept it, negotiate it, or outright reject it. We’ve got thick skin 😉
- If we come to an agreement, then we’re able to close in as little as two weeks. You don’t have to make any repairs or updates to the home and you don’t even have to pay closing costs.
(Also, there are absolutely NO HIDDEN FEES)
Our goal is simply to keep our business running — because we love what we do — and to help people in the process.
If you want to learn more, give us a call at 704-461-0576 and let’s chat.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
- Thinking Of Selling Your Charlotte Home Through A Real Estate Agent?
- How To Sell Your Charlotte Home Fast On The MLS
- Someone Promising To Buy Your Charlotte House?
- Dealing With Noisy Neighbors In Charlotte? Here’s What You Can Do
- Here Is Why Your Charlotte Home Maybe Losing Its Value